Sunday, April 17, 2011

World Travels in March 2011

Wow.

March 2011 was in a word, incredible.

I have had some amazing experiences this past month! In mid-March, my family went on a trip to England and Wales. The last week of March I was at a conference in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I learned, saw and experienced so many amazing things!!


First, a brief rundown of my trip to England. I'll post about Dubai later.

On day one we went to Chesterfield and Sheffield England. These were areas where Christopher served his mission. In Chesterfield there was this amazing cathedral and it's spire was twisted. Legend has it that the building was so surprised to have a virgin get married in it that it bent down to watch. Someday when a virgin is married in it again, the steeple will straighten back up.
Chesterfield was a lovely town. Small and sweet. I liked it a lot. It was very picturesque.

On the second day we went to Sherwood Forest! This was Robin Hood's tromping grounds. The infamous thief who stole from the rich and gave to the poor used this ancient forest as his hide away, taking many a rich man by surprise as they traveled through. This picture is of the Major Oak. Its the oldest tree in the forest and now has to be supported by beams. It would have been fun to see it with a little more foliage, but it was still a beautiful place.
I will continue posting about my trips but right now I've got to get ready for church.

No comments :

Post a Comment