Monday, May 6, 2013

Being a Graduate Student

I've learned a few things from my experience in graduate school. I've chosen the long and arduous road of going to school part time and working full time. This means that while everyone else has a blast during the summer, I'm still at work and still sitting through hours of class on weeknights.  Bleh.

Now don't get me wrong, as you can see from other posts on this blog, I have a great life and I don't have much to complain about. I am quite enjoying my time here at OSU but every now and then I do get a wee frustrated with school.

1. Graduate School ≠ Undergraduate:

Undergraduate:

Graduate:



2. Graduate school costs too much.. SCAM


3. Motivation is quickly lost



4. Homework meltdowns are common occurrences. 

(You can just ask Justin, he'll confirm that these happen too often for me)


5. Meltdowns end as soon as I realize it's Friday.




6. Graduate school has taught me a new level of procrastination that I never knew was possible.



7. Nobody knows what MPA stands for.



8. My most common reaction to seeing the new syllabus:



Well kids, stay in school. There sure is a lot to look forward to.



No comments :

Post a Comment