Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happiness is...



I have the best life! I am so grateful for everyone and everything that has made my life so fantastic. I just finished up my second year as an EFY counselor. Once again, EFY has changed my life. I'm a better dancer (by better I mean EFY better which actually means crazier), my teaching skills have significantly improved and full of gratitude for all that I've been blessed with. EFY will forever hold a special place in my heart. The kids and friends that I met and love taught me more and effected me more than I could ever teach them.


After enjoying a summer full of EFY, I have been realizing all of the things that make me really happy. Not just the big things, but little things that make me happy from day to day.



I bring this up because of an idea I had during EFY. Some of the weeks (I wish I had done it for all of my weeks) while I was trying to get to know the group of girls that I was over, I would ask them to tell me a few little facts about themselves and ending with one reason why they are awesome, and a happiness is statement. A happiness is statement is simply filling in the blank. Happiness is brushing your teeth at night, or petting a puppy. Obviously, anything that makes you happy is a happiness is statement.


Since asking my girls to do this, I've found that I have started thinking in happiness is statements. What a blessing! It has made me so positive and appreciative of everything around me. For example, my office was a little cold today so during my lunch break I walked out to find a perfect day. There was a light breeze, a beautiful blue sky and a perfect 80 degrees. The second I walked out side, my cold toes warmed right up and the first thing I thought was, "Wow! Happiness is having warm toes."









It may seem simple, but I love it. Besides, happiness, according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, is a feeling of contentment. I must say, I'm content with the little things that make me happy.





No comments :

Post a Comment